An inhaler is usually prescribed for respiratory diseases like asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (bronchitis, emphysema). You can get an inhaler refill at Statcare. Using your inhaler correctly delivers the medication to your lungs, where it can work to control your symptoms. Using an inhaler incorrectly means that little or no medicine reaches the lungs.
How to use your inhaler?
- Take off the inhaler cap and make sure the mouthpiece and spray hole are clean.
- Shake the inhaler 10 to 15 times.
- Without the inhaler, take a deep breath and breathe out all the way.
- Hold the inhaler upright with the spray hole about 1-2 inches away from your mouth.
- Begin to breathe in slowly.
- Press down on the inhaler one time and keep breathing in.
- Hold your breath for 5-10 seconds.
- Open your mouth and breathe out slowly.
Stop by any of our clinics to talk to our healthcare providers and get an inhaler refill. We can demonstrate how to use an inhaler. We also have in-house nebulizer machines at all our locations, if needed. No appointment is necessary at our clinics and you’ll only wait minutes to be seen. You can call ahead at (855) 9 FOR DOC and let us know you’re on the way or you can check in online.