Living in a busy city like New York, we have so many options when it comes to restaurants, retail stores, and entertainment. There are certain things that help us decide on the right choice — such as price, location and hours of operation. But, what about when it comes to your health or a medical emergency? How do you choose urgent care near you? Here’s a guide to help you choose the best urgent care near me in queens.
How To Choose An Urgent Care
Here are some things that you’ll want to consider when choosing a Queens urgent care.
- Most recent reviews – Check out Google or Yelp for recent reviews of urgent care centers near you.
- Locations – Multiple locations make it convenient to find urgent care close to home. Statcare Urgent & Walk-In Medical Care has multiple locations to serve you.
- Hours of operation – If you cannot get in during the hours of operation, then urgent care does you no good. Therefore, make sure you choose an urgent care with extended evening and holiday hours.
- Insurances they accept – It is important to find an urgent care that accepts a variety of insurance plans. Also, ask about special discounts that you might be eligible to receive.
- Price transparency – When an urgent care lists prices on their website, like Statcare does, you’ll have peace of mind knowing the cost up-front.
What Is Urgent Care?
At Statcare Urgent & Walk-In Medical Care in Queens, our center provides high-quality healthcare for times when you can’t get an appointment to see your doctor right away. We are open days, nights, holidays and weekends. So, you can get medical care on your schedule. Can’t make it in during the usual eight-hour workday? With urgent care, that is no problem. Find urgent care near me in Queens.
What Kinds Of Conditions Does Our Queens Urgent Care Treat?
You might be surprised at the variety of conditions that urgent care can treat. At Statcare, we treat the following conditions and illnesses:
- Sore throat
- Urinary tract infections
- Sinus infections
- Eye infections
- Skin problems or rashes
- Ankle Sprains
- Ear infections
- Animal and bug bites
What Services Does Our Queens Urgent Care Clinic Provide?
Queens urgent care clinic provides a wide variety of medical services from vaccinations to STD testing. Here are just some of the services that you can get at Queens Urgent Care.
- Flu shots and vaccinations
- Travel immunizations
- School and sports physical exams
- DOT physical exams
- Concussion testing
- Pediatric urgent care
- PPD (tuberculosis) testing
- STD testing and screening
Are All Urgent Care Centers The Same?
No, all urgent care centers are not the same. Consequently, if you choose the wrong urgent care center, you may end up waiting for hours or paying thousands of dollars for treatment. So, what makes Statcare different?
- Cost. Some urgent care centers are actually emergency rooms in disguise. You might think that you are paying for urgent care until you get the bill. At Statcare, our prices are affordable. They are listed right on our website. Therefore, you will have no surprises. Plus, we offer affordable telemedicine visits.
- Convenience. Visit an emergency room on a busy weekend or night and the wait could literally drag on for hours. This is not a scenario you want to be in if you just sliced your hand pretty bad with a sharp knife. You can expect to get in and out quickly at Statcare Urgent Care and spend less time at the clinic. Instead of waiting in a lobby, you can wait at home thanks to our online check-in. Not all urgent care centers offer online check-in.
- Close To Home. When you are sick or injured, the last thing that you want to do is travel for an hour to get to a clinic. At Statcare, we have five locations, so we are always close to home. Do you live in Manhattan or Queens? If so, then our Astoria, Queens Urgent Care clinic is close to home for you. It is just a five-minute walk from Ditmars Boulevard subway stop.