Do you suffer from arthritis joint pain? If so, you are not alone. Joint pain is a common problem that affects many people. Joint pain can make it hard to go about your day. It can seem impossible to work when you are in pain. You might have to give up important activities like going to the gym. Get help today.
- Arthritis affects about 1 in 4 adults (54 million) in the United States.
- It is the leading cause of disability in the US. 24 million adults report limitations due to arthritis.
- The most common form of arthritis in the US is osteoarthritis. Thus, it is a cause of pain for many people.
- Arthritis makes it harder to manage heart disease, diabetes and obesity. Therefore, don’t put off treatment.
- Being physically active can reduce arthritis pain. Thus, keep active.
Dealing With Joint Pain
- Early diagnosis and appropriate management of arthritis can help people with the condition live well without pain.
- Do some kind of physical activity (swimming, biking, walking) every day to relax and stay healthy.
- Physical activity reduces arthritis pain and restores function. Therefore, aim to exercise regularly.
- Maintaining a healthy weight has been shown to decrease the risk of developing osteoarthritis and gout. Also, it might decrease disease progression and arthritis-related activity limitations. Thus, talk to a Statcare doctor if you want to lose weight.
Visit Urgent Care
Put an end to joint pain. Visit Statcare for help. We can provide treatment to help you get back to your daily activities quicker.