Easter is a meaningful holiday for many of us and also a time to celebrate family and the coming of spring. Food definitely becomes a focus of this holiday. You can make the best of healthy eating by planning ahead and turning your efforts towards making the most of your time with family. It’s important to eat healthy all year round. Here are some tips for healthy eating from urgent care doctors to help you keep a healthy diet this Easter.
- Eat a balanced, whole food breakfast. For example, eat boiled/scrambled eggs along with some sauteed vegetables. Protein-packed smoothie could be an add on as well.
- Go for a walk. Get up 15 minutes earlier and be active in some way to set the tone for the day. You could also go for a walk after your Easter dinner with some family members.
- Stay hydrated. Often times, headaches begin when we become dehydrated and we eat foods that are high in sodium. Drinking plenty of water can balance out the extra sodium content and maintain our electrolyte balance.
- Stick to the basics. Offer to bring something you would like to eat or stick to the basics of protein and veggies for dinner.
- Save the goodies for after the meal. Easter candy such as jelly beans and cream-filled Easter eggs are definitely not the most ideal, nutritious food. Plan what you’re going to have in advance, stick with it and avoid eating anything that wasn’t on your list.
Most of all have fun! Enjoy the holiday with these tips for healthy eating. Want more health tips? Visit our blog.