Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical Exam
About Our DOT Physicals
DOT physical exams / CDL medical exams performed by DOT Medical Examiners aim to detect mental, emotional and physical issues that may inhibit a driver’s ability to safely operate a vehicle. En español.
As of May 21, 2014, only US DOT certified medical examiners can give you a Certified Driver’s License (CDL) card. Statcare has five locations (in Brooklyn, The Bronx, Queens, and Long Island), where over a dozen National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME-certified) carry out CDL medical exams 7 days a week. For information on DOT Physical Exam Requirements, click here.
What Our DOT Physicals Include
Our low price of just $95 includes a vision, hearing, urine test, and a $10 federal reporting charge; Statcare does not routinely test for drugs during the decision process. If an employer requires you to do a urine drug screen, please ask our staff about it (as there are a separate charge and special specimen collection procedure). Since a CDL Medical Exam by a DOT Medical Examiner is NOT covered under any health plan, Statcare cannot use accept health insurance (call your healthcare provider if you have questions). Billing an insurance company for this visit is considered health insurance fraud. In addition, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations have made it more difficult to get a CDL Card or renew a CDL license; Don’t let your CDL expire!
Why Choose Statcare for Your Dot Physical Exam?
1. Statcare provides DOT Medical Exams every day (including, weekends and all holidays).
2. We’re open late for DOT physicals.
3. Our office locations are near subways, LIRR & bus stops.
4. Statcare does not require you to have an appointment (just walk-in)!
5. We’ll remind you before your next CDL medical certificate renewal is up.
6. You’ll save a trip to the DMV, because Statcare submits to NYS DMV also.
7. We do CDL Medical Exams for large trucking companies.
8. Our pricing includes audiometry and other prerequisites, if you need special testing to pass (so no hidden charges).
9. Statcare offers laminated CDL cards (if you want one).
10. Statcare’s Medical Examiners can provide a certified laminated CDL Card if you want one.
We are open 365 days a year, including weekends and all holidays!
Statcare serves the Long Island residents of Nassau County, Suffolk County, Queens, and Brooklyn, as well as the Bronx in NYC. If you have any questions about any conditions we treat or services we offer, call (917) 310-3371 today.
DOT Physical & CDL Exam Service & Hours
Come in during the week, or even on a weekend or holiday, to obtain a DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate (which is valid in all 50 states). Most Statcare locations are open on weekdays until 8pm (Brooklyn goes until 9pm). Our locations open at 8am (Monday through Friday) and 9am (weekends and holidays) for DOT physical exams and CDL Medical exams. Want faster service? Call us after 8am at (917) 310-3371, and book your appointment today!
What the Medical Examiner Certification Does
Statecare’s all-inclusive (Normally $99), includes a vision-check and urine test at the time of the DOT medical exam visit. At Statcare, our DOT medical examiner will perform a DOT physical exam and give you the medical examiner certification for:
- New Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for truck drivers operating trucks and school bus drivers (Article 19A)
- NYC taxi and limousine drivers (NYC TLC Certificate)
- Renewal of existing NYS Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)