STD Testing NYC. STD Screening NYC
About STD Testing & Screening at Statcare
STD Testing & STD Screening allows you to know whether or not you have contracted a sexually transmitted disease or if you’re at risk. Unfortunately, various online sources advertise inadequate STD Test packages that lead many astray (such as, not testing for a specific disease). Statcare, on the other hand, conducts reliable STD tests in an attentive urgent care setting– here, you can get screened, tested, and treated for any STD (at any location) at a cost that is reasonable and affordable.
Statcare collects blood samples and urine samples to screen for the most common viral and bacterial STDs in the US. This includes STD tests for HIV Types 1&2, Herpes 1&2, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis C, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis B, Chlamydia, and Syphilis. Statcare’s STD screening tests will give you peace of mind. Worried about Herpes in pregnancy? Read “How can the genital herpes virus affect pregnancy?” to learn more.
Why Choose Statcare For STD Testing?
- Statcare uses only the best, most reliable tests out there.
- Statcare achieves fast results (which you can access over your phone with our “patient portal”).
- Since you get trustworthy test results, you’ll feel a peace of mind
- Statcare has the medical expertise you can count on
- Statcare locations for STD Testing NYC provide a safe and confidential environment for STD screening, treatment, and counseling
- We have on-site treatment for everyone who tests positive for STD’s
Statcare serves the Long Island residents of Nassau County, Suffolk County, Queens, Manhattan and Brooklyn, as well as the Bronx in NYC. If you have any questions about any conditions we treat or services we offer, call (917) 310-3371 today.
Beware of Online Websites that Offer STD Testing
Do your homework and be careful. Online companies that offer STD tests typically use cheaper, less reliable ones. Since each specific test has a different sensitivity, specificity, and reliability, it’s better to use an in-person certified doctor. Online websites typically sell STD kits or packages for cash or credit card gain.
9 signs an Online Company is Scamming You:
Do your research before choosing an online company that offers STD Screening (or better yet, don’t go down that road). Look out for the following 9 red-flags:
- It is just a website, not a real licensed business in the State of NY; There’s no listing with the NYS Department of Health. They may claim to have several thousand locations nationwide, yet have not one in NY (or “under the same name”).
- They ask you to search by zip code so they can refer you to some ordinary lab for a commission.
- They feed on search words, such as: “std check”, “express testing” “confidential testing” or “priority testing”.
- They ask you to pay for a package price first.
- When you search the provided address, a local lab comes up!
- When you look for actual reviews by real patients from the community, there are no reviews on Google for that local business listing.
- Their business page on Bing or Google has the search word as their business name instead of the actual lab name (for example, “Confidential” or “Priority” or “Rapid” or “Plush”).
- They don’t offer follow-up steps after you pay for the test. They’re off the hook for providing you the cheapest STD Test alternative (not the best or the most reliable).
- They have no office bearers, management team or a local NYS address as their business address.
Choose Statcare For STD Testing & STD Screening
At Statcare, the results of your STD tests are confidential; they will not be shared with anyone. Only you have access to your records through your smartphone or desktop. Our providers will thoroughly explain your results in our offices and treat you for it. Statcare provides prophylaxis and ongoing care for such infections. Statcare offers PEP post-exposure, emergency treatment for HIV, Prep pre-exposure, among other services. Statcare also provides adolescents with preventive care and immediate treatment of infections. Our STD screening is fast, accurate, and affordable. We send the STD tests off to a lab and get results in 3 business days (or less). Statcare providers can counsel you and your partner as well.
STD Testing and STD Screening FAQs
Many times, STDs do not cause any symptoms. You can have a sexually transmitted infection and never even know it. That’s how STDs are spread – by people who are infected but don’t know it.
If you do have symptoms, they may include: sores on the genitals, discharge from the penis or vagina, itching, and burning during urination.
In most cases, no. You typically have to ask for it. And women should not assume STD tests are included in a pelvic exam or Pap smear. If you think you might have an STD or you have sex with multiple partners, make a specific request to your doctor for it. Statcare does Women’s Exams and includes tests for STD’s as a routine practice.
- It depends on your age, your sexual behaviors, and other risk factors. In general, it is a good idea to get screened annually if:
- You are sexually active and under age 25
- You’re over 25 and having sex with a new partner or multiple partners
- You’re a man who has sex with men
It is different for each sexually transmitted infection. You cannot test for them all with one test. At Statcare, your STD screening may include:
- A physical exam of your genitals and/or your anus. Visible signs of an infection may include a rash, discharge, sores, or warts. If an STD is detected during a physical exam, you can start treatment (usually prescription oral or topical medications) right away.
- Collecting a sample of blood, urine, discharge, tissue, cells, or saliva that will be sent to a lab for analysis
No, you do not need parental permission. In New York, parental permission is not required for any STD test and your results will remain private at Statcare. You can come to us 7 days a week, 365 days a year to get screened for STD’s.
With over 1 million cases reported each year, chlamydia is the most commonly reported STD in the US. It is a bacterial infection of the genitals, anus, or throat that most often affects females between ages 15 to 24.
There are often no symptoms, but they may include a yellow-green vaginal discharge in women, and/or a burning pain during urination for men and women. Men may also have burning or itching around the opening of the penis. Chlamydia can be cured by oral antibiotics
Gonorrhea is a bacterial infection of the genitals, anus, or throat that affects approximately 700,000 people in the US each year – usually females 15 to 24 years old and males 20 to 24 years old.
There are often no symptoms, but they may include a yellow-green discharge from the vagina or penis, and/or a burning pain during urination. Females may also notice abnormal vaginal bleeding and/or pelvic pain, while males may also have painful or swollen testicles. Gonorrhea can be cured by oral antibiotics.
Herpes is a viral infection of the genitals, mouth, and lips. About 1 in 6 people in the US are infected with it. There are 2 types of herpes: type 1, which typically causes cold sores around the mouth, and type 2, which causes sores and blisters in the genital areas.
There is no cure for herpes – the virus lies dormant in the body and may cause recurrent outbreaks. However, there are medications available to help treat symptoms, reduce the frequency of outbreaks, and reduce the likelihood of spreading it to sex partners.
HPV, or human papillomavirus, is a viral infection of the genitals, anus, or throat. It affects approximately 20 million people and an estimated 6 million new cases occur each year.
There are often no symptoms, but they may include warts in the genital areas. Some types of HPV can cause cervical cancer in women. There is no cure for HPV – the virus lies dormant in the body and may cause recurrent outbreaks.