STD Testing Clinic. STI's Check Up
About STD Testing & Screening at Statcare
STD Testing & STD Screening allows you to know whether or not you have contracted a sexually transmitted disease or if you’re at risk. Unfortunately, various online sources advertise inadequate STD Test packages that lead many astray (such as, not testing for a specific disease). Statcare, on the other hand, conducts reliable STD tests in an attentive urgent care setting– here, you can get screened, tested and treated for any STD (at any location) at a cost that is reasonable and affordable.
Statcare Urgent Care performs STD tests for anyone who needs to be screened for an STD (also known as sexually transmitted disease, or STI). Anyone who’s sexually active (especially those having sex with multiple partners), should get screened and tested fairly frequently. If this is your first time getting STD Testing done, click here to learn more.
Statcare carries out screening for the most common viral and bacterial STDs in the US; this includes testing for HIV Types 1&2, Herpes 1&2, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis C, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis B, Chlamydia and Syphilis. Statcare’s STD screening tests will give you a peace of mind. Worried about Herpes in pregnancy? Read “How can the genital herpes virus affect pregnancy?” to learn more.
Why Choose Statcare For STD Testing?
- Statcare uses only the best, most reliable tests out there.
- Statcare achieves fast results (which you can access over your phone with our “patient portal”).
- Since you get trustworthy test results, you’ll feel a peace of mind
- Statcare has the medical expertise you can count on
- Each location provides a safe and confidential environment for STD screening, treatment, and counseling
- We have on-site treatment for everyone who tests positive
We are open 365 days a year, including weekends and all holidays!
Statcare serves the Long Island residents of Nassau County, Suffolk County, Queens, and Brooklyn, as well as the Bronx in NYC. If you have any questions about any conditions we treat or services we offer, call (917) 310-3371 today.
Beware of Online Websites that Offer STD Testing
Do your homework and be careful. Online companies that offer STD tests typically use cheaper, less reliable ones. Since each specific test has a different sensitivity, specificity, and reliability, it’s better to use an in-person certified doctor. Online websites typically sell STD kits or packages for cash or credit card gain.
9 signs an Online Company is Scamming You:
Do your research before choosing an online company that offers STD Screening (or better yet, don’t go down that road). Look out for the following 9 red-flags:
- It is just a website, not a real licensed business in the State of NY; There’s no listing with the NYS Department of Health. They may claim to have several thousand locations nationwide, yet have not one in NY (or “under the same name”).
- They ask you to search by zip code so they can refer you to some ordinary lab for a commission.
- They feed on search words, such as: “std check”, “express testing” “confidential testing” or “priority testing”.
- They ask you to pay for a package price first.
- When you search the provided address, a local lab comes up!
- When you look for actual reviews by real patients from the community, there are no reviews on Google for that local business listing.
- Their business page on Bing or Google has the search word as their business name instead of the actual lab name (for example, “Confidential” or “Priority” or “Rapid” or “Plush”).
- They don’t offer follow-up steps after you pay for the test. They’re off the hook for providing you the cheapest STD Test alternative (not the best or the most reliable).
- They have no office bearers, management team or a local NYS address as their business address.
Choose Statcare For STD Testing & STD Screening
At Statcare, the results of your STD tests are confidential; they will not be shared with anyone. Only you have access to your records through your smartphone or desktop. Our providers will thoroughly explain your results in our offices and treat you for it. Statcare provides prophylaxis and ongoing care for such infections. Statcare offers PEP post-exposure, emergency treatment for HIV, Prep pre-exposure, among other services. Statcare also provides adolescents with preventive care and immediate treatment of infections. Our STD screening is fast, accurate, and affordable. We send the STD tests off to a lab and get results in 3 business days (or less). Statcare providers can counsel you and your partner as well.
STD Testing and STD Screening FAQs
In most cases, no. You typically have to ask for it. And women should not assume STD tests are included in a pelvic exam or Pap smear. If you think you might have an STD or you have sex with multiple partners, make a specific request to your doctor for it. Statcare does Women’s Exams and includes tests for STD’s as a routine practice.
No, you do not need parental permission. In New York, parental permission is not required for any STD test and your results will remain private at Statcare. You can come to us 7 days a week, 365 days a year to get screened for STD’s.