Statcare STD Testing & Screening
About STD Testing & Screening at Statcare
STD Screening allows you to know whether or not you have contracted a sexually transmitted disease or if you’re at risk. Unfortunately, various online sources advertise inadequate STD Test packages that lead many astray (such as, not testing for a specific disease). Statcare, on the other hand, conducts reliable STD testing in an attentive urgent care setting– here, you can get screened, tested and treated for any STD (at any location).
Statcare Urgent Care performs STD testing for anyone who needs to be screened for an STD (also known as sexually transmitted disease, or STI). Anyone who’s sexually active (especially those having sex with multiple partners), should get screened and tested fairly frequently.
STD testing at Statcare carries out screening for the most common viral and bacterial STDs in the US; this includes testing for: HIV Types 1&2, Herpes 1&2, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis C, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis B, Chlamydia and Syphilis. Statcare’s STD testing will give you a peace of mind.
Why Choose Statcare for Your STD Tests?
- Our STD testing uses only the best, most reliable tests out there.
- Statcare achieves fast results (which you can access over your phone with our “patient portal”).
- Since you get trustworthy test results, you’ll feel a peace of mind
- Statcare has medical expertise you can count on
- Each location provides a safe and confidential environment for STD testing
- We offer counseling and treatment for those with questions or who have tested positive
We are open 365 days a year, including weekends and all holidays!
Statcare serves the Long Island residents of Nassau County, Suffolk County, Queens, and Brooklyn, as well as the Bronx in NYC. If you have any questions about any conditions we treat or services we offer, call (855) 9 FOR DOC today.
Beware of Online Websites that Offer STD Testing
Do your homework and be careful. Online companies that offer STD tests typically use cheaper, less reliable ones. Since each specific test has a different sensitivity, specificity and reliability, it’s better to use an in-person certified doctor. Online websites typically sell STD testing packages for cash or credit card gain.
9 signs an Online Company is Scamming You:
Do your research before choosing an online company that offers STD Screening (or better yet, don’t go down that road). Look out for the following 9 red-flags:
- It is just a website, not a real licensed business in the State of NY; There’s no listing with the NYS Department of Health. They may claim to have several thousand locations nationwide, yet have not one in NY (or “under the same name”).
- They ask you to search by zip code so they can refer you to some ordinary lab for a commission.
- They feed on search words, such as: “std check”, “express testing” “confidential testing” or “priority testing”.
- They ask you to pay for a package price first.
- When you search the provided address, a local lab comes up!
- When you look for actual reviews by real patients from the community, there are no reviews on Google for that local business listing.
- Their business page on Bing or Google has the search word as their business name instead of the actual lab name (for example, “Confidential” or “Priority” or “Rapid” or “Plush”).
- They don’t offer follow-up steps after you pay for the test. They’re off the hook for providing you the cheapest STD Testing alternative (not the best or the most reliable).
- They have no office bearers, management team or a local NYS address as their business address.
Choose Statcare For STD Testing & Screening
At Statcare, the results of your STD tests are confidential; they will not be shared with anyone. Only you have access to your records through your smartphone or desktop. Our providers will thoroughly explain your results in our offices and treat you for it. Statcare provides prophylaxis and ongoing care for such infections. Statcare offers PEP post-exposure, emergency treatment for HIV, Prep pre-exposure, among other services. Statcare also provides adolescents with preventive care and immediate treatment of infections. Our STD screening is fast, accurate, and affordable. We send the STD tests off to a lab and get results in 3 business days (or less). Statcare providers can counsel you and your partner as well.
STD Tests and STD Screening FAQs
In most cases, no. You typically have to ask for it. And women should not assume STD testing is included in a pelvic exam or Pap smear. If you think you might have an STD or you have sex with multiple partners, request it from your doctor or come to Statcare for confidential STD screening in Hicksville, Astoria, Brooklyn, or the Bronx, New York.
No you do not. In New York, parental permission is not needed for STD testing and your results remain private. You can come in to Statcare 7 days a week, 365 days a year to get screened.