Arthritis Joint Pains in the US – Time To Take Action
- Arthritis affects about 1 in 4 adults (54 million) in the United States.
- It is the leading cause of disability in the US. 24 million adults report limitations due to arthritis.
- The most common form of arthritis in the US is osteoarthritis.
- Arthritis makes it harder to manage heart disease, diabetes and obesity.
- Being physically activate can reduce arthritis pain.
- Early diagnosis and appropriate management of arthritis can help people with the condition live well without pain.
- Exercise (swimming, biking, walking) regularly to stay healthy.
- Physical activity has been proven to reduce arthritis pain and restore function.
- Maintaining a healthy weight has been shown to decrease the risk of developing osteoarthritis and gout and may decrease disease progression and arthritis-related activity limitations.Source: CDC