What To Do If You Fall?
Whether you’re at home or somewhere else, a sudden fall can be startling and upsetting. Falls are the most common cause of injury among those aged 65 and over. 50% of falls occur at home.
- Remain calm and determine if you are hurt. Take several deep breaths.
- Roll over slowly and try to sit up.
- Look for the nearest sturdy furniture.
- Kneel if you can, getting up on one knee at a time.
- Then, stand up using your stronger leg, and use the sturdy furniture for support.
- Turn carefully, and sit down.
- If you cannot get up: Call for help. If you are alone, crawl slowly towards the telephone and call 911 or relatives. It is important to keep at least one phone where it can be reached from the floor.
- Treat all falls as serious! A fall can be a symptom of a serious issue. Schedule an appointment with your healthcare provider.
Walk-in to any of our clinics and schedule a consultation. No appointment is necessary at our clinics and you’ll only wait minutes to be seen. You can call ahead at (855) 9 FOR DOC and let us know you’re on the way or you can check in online.